Book design is the art of incorporating the content, style, format, design, and sequence of the various components of a book into a coherent whole. In the words of Jan Tschichold, "methods and rules upon which it is impossible to improve, have been developed over centuries. To produce perfect books, these rules have to be brought back to life and applied."
Front matter, or preliminaries, is the first section of a book, and is usually the smallest section in terms of the number of pages. Each page is counted, but no folio or page number is expressed, or printed, on either display pages or blank pages.
- Explore the spectacular stations of Moscow Metro, one of the most beautiful underground systems in the world
- Listen to the personal stories told by a local guide about Soviet Russia
- Sample a traditional Russian snack
- Chat with your local tour guide, who will give you an insight into a Soviet common person's life
- See Stalin's Seven Sisters and listen to the legends of what was going on behind the walls